The Auburn Bay Parade of Lights is back for 2021!
Join The Auburn Bay Community Association as we kick off the holiday season and bring the community together with a parade of festive floats and hot chocolate stations located along the parade route.
Saturday, November 27, 2021 from 5-7 p.m.
The parade will leave Auburn House at 5 p.m. sharp and travel West on Auburn Bay Blvd. It will take approximately 90 minutes to return. Hot chocolate stations are marked with the red stars on the map below. A reminder that road closures and parking bans will be in place (more info below).
*Glow wands/stick available for purchase (Cost: $2.50-$5/each – cash only)
Road closures & parking bans
Just a friendly reminder that there will be road closures and parking bans in effect throughout Auburn Bay on Saturday evening for our Parade of Lights. Police and volunteers will be present at key intersections to assist with routing traffic. There will also be parade marshals along the route to ensure everyone’s safety (please be respectful of their instructions). Traffic on the BLVD’s will remain open for travel in the opposite direction of the parade. Thanks in advance for your patience.
Safety protocols in effect
- We know these are unusual times, and we’re committed to making sure this is a safe event:
- Social distancing: As part of our COVID-19 protocol, all participants, volunteers, and spectators are strongly recommended to socially distance along the parade route and are asked to remain with their family/cohorts.
- Hand sanitizer: Hand sanitizer is available at the hot chocolate stations located along the parade route (please see map).
- Contact tracing: Access the voluntary contact tracing form here to participate in contact tracing for this event or scan the QR code for access.
Please dress for the weather
- We’ve all heard the saying—there’s no bad weather, only poor clothing. Please keep this in mind so everyone can stay safe, warm and enjoy the parade by dressing appropriately for Calgary weather. Check the forecast here closer to the date.
Lost person station – please plan ahead
- Lost person stations are located at each of the 6 hot chocolate stations along the parade route. Should someone become separated, they will be taken to the nearest hot chocolate station (please see map for locations). Please discuss this with your family ahead of the event so children are aware of where to go in the event they become separated.
A HUGE thank you to our sponsors for supporting our community and helping make this event happen!
We’re looking forward to seeing you there and sharing the holiday spirit together, once again.