Ward 12 Councillor Shane Keating
- Community Cleanup Program Update: The City will be canceling the 2020 Community Cleanup Program, because of the uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, and will not reschedule until 2021. Currently Waste & Recycling Services are still operational if you need to get rid of any refuse. For more details please visit www.calgary.ca/cleanup
- City-operated playgrounds to close: The City of Calgary is closing City-operated playgrounds effective immediately. This is to keep children and families safe from Covid19. City Parks will remain open, and we ask people to stay six feet apart and to avoid touching equipment.
- City Engagements: In the interest of public safety all in-person engagements are cancelled until April 30. Online-engagement is still operational, so visit www.calgary.ca/engage to participate.
- Civic Census: The City will be postponing the census because of COVID-19. Door-to-door collection of data is an unneeded risk. The City is exploring options to complete the census later this year or possibly next year.
- Secondary Suites: All secondary and backyard suites must be added to the City’s registry by June 1, 2020. If you own a secondary suite, even if you do not intend to rent it out, you must apply for the necessary permits. Visit www.calgary.ca/suites or call 311 for more information.
- Calgary Police Service: CPS has expanded its online reporting capabilities to better facilitate physical-distancing practices. Online reports can be made by going to www.CalgaryPolice.ca and clicking on Report a Crime. For property-related offences, such as non-injury collision, please call your local district office. Their contact details can be found at https://www.calgary.ca/cps/Pages/Calgary-Police-Service-district-offices.aspx
- COVID-19: On Tuesday, March 17, the provincial government of Alberta declared a Public State of Emergency. At this time, there is a great deal of uncertainty regarding the impacts of the COVID-19 virus. So we are asking you to please share the following websites to stay up to date:
Canada, Federal Government (Income Tax, Employment Insurance, Mortgages, Borders)
Alberta, Provincial Government (Schools, Hospitals, Social Services)
Calgary, Municipal Government (Utilities, Transit, Parking, Recreation Centres)